Pool/Billiards/McDermott cue value

McDermott cue
McDermott cue  
I believe it's a 84 D-8 but not 100% it's in perfect condition all original except tip was wondering today's value?

It is indeed a McDermott D-8 model cue which was produced from 1984 - 1990. The cues value will depend on how many nicks and dings are in it as well as how straight it is or not. Unfortunately these things cannot be determined from a picture. Many times these cues have swollen fibre ferrules that need replacing which also means the tip would need to be replaced. According to the Blue Book of Pool Cues it is worth $175.00 if it's in 98% of new condition. $135.00 if it's in 90% of new condition and 75.00 if it's in 70% of new condition. In 1984 it sold for $135.00 brand new. If this cue were new and still being sold today it would sell for about 300.00. By the way I did not receive the normal email notice of having a question to answer. AllExperts explained that this was fairly normal due to spam filters and other such things. They actually emailed me and asked me to login and check for pending questions. Sorry if there was a delay in getting the response you were looking for.

Stephen Summers

I can answer questions with precise answers to just about anything related to billiards. I am very knowledgeable of almost every brand of billiard table / equipment. I have extensive knowledge of many antique pool / billiard / snooker / carom and three cushion billiard tables. I can also answer questions about pool cue repairs.

I have been working in the billiard industry since 1971. I began working at my father's retail billiard store when I was 8 years old. I have owned my own retail / wholesale billiard supply in OKC., OK since 1998. I have personally worked on just about every type and brand of billiard table that exists. I also repair pool cues everyday. My knowledge in that area is extensive as well. As of this time I have approximately 44 years worth of billiard related experience.

I am a retail store operator member of the Billiard Congress of America. I am also a member of a Christian Church in OKC., OK.

I have a high school diploma and I also went to college for two years. I do not have a degree.