Pool/Billiards/rail cushions

Hello, I have a 7 foot Brunswick Bristol table and i want to order new rail cushion but i dont know which ones they are. they do not look like the k-66. Can you advise, Thank You, Bob

Hi Bob,

For years the standard for Brunswick tables was K55 cusions. I believe their exclusive "SuperSpeed" cushions are K55.

K55 and K66 are very similar but their difference is important given the angle of the subrail they are affixed to. Also, just because one or the other is on the table doesn't mean it is the correct one for the table unless you're sure they are the original cushions. Attached is a picture of three cushion profiles that may help you determine what you have. But, as mentioned unless you're sure the cushions you have are the original.

I might suggest you call Brunswick and ask them what is supposed to be used on your table. Or take a piece of what you have to a Brunswick dealer and ask them what it is. Personally, I would recommend the SuperSpeed cushion if your table is meant to use K55. They'll last for many years, unlike cheap cushions that use clay fillers and harden in just a few years.

Play well and enjoy,

Bill Newsted

I can answer questions related to shot-making, aiming, position play, strategies, practice, mental preparation and the psychology of the game. Also, rules as they vary from venue to venue and how to become a winning player. I have experience recovering and maintaining tables and will also answer questions related to cues and billiard equipment. However, I prefer not to make brand recommendations. I do not offer information identifying old tables and equipment or estimating their values.

I have played over forty years in every state in the US (except Alaska). My experience is largely in pool rooms but I have also played extensively on bar tables and in league organizations. I have directed numerous tournaments up to the professional level and have played several world champion players. I am a former Billiard Congress of America instructor.

B.S. in Visual Communication M.A. in Education: Career and Technology Education