Pool/Billiards/billiards play

Question
Hi-

My wife and I are novices at billiards and we have a dispute about a rule. If my ball is striped and I want to hit it into a pocket, can I first hit a solid which then hits my striped into the pocket? My wife says I cannot do this, that I must first hit the ball of my color only. Please advise.

Answer
Hi David,

Sounds like your wife may be a hustler, knowing more than she lets on. :D

Sorry, you have to hit your own ball first. If you have stripes and there's one more stripe on the table you have to hit that ball first or it's a foul.

Play well and enjoy,

Bill

Pool/Billiards

Bill Newsted