Pool/Billiards/snooker

Question
Bill, in the game of snooker, are jump shots allowed? If one is hooked, are they allowed to jump the cue ball over the obstruction ball to hit a red or coloured ball?

Thanks.

Answer
Jumping by scooping the cue under the cue ball is always illegal in every official set of rules for every game played. Play it if you want... but it's always a foul.

Hi Mr B,

It has been quite some time since I have played snooker, let alone followed changes in official sets of rules. Like all cue sports snooker rules very from one area to the next but "officially" to my knowledge and according to all published sets of rules from The World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association I have seen, jump shots are strictly NOT allowed. Even if the jump shot is accidental, it's a foul.

Play well and enjoy,

Bill

Pool/Billiards

Bill Newsted