Porsche Repair/Porsche Cayenne Transmission

Reggie wrote at 2009-01-09 15:14:02
I have the exact same problem with my 04 Cayenne. The dealer tells me it is due to the car trying to adjust to multiple drivers. I am scared to drive it now.

vince wrote at 2009-02-20 00:55:06
you may also want to have him check the shifter electronics in the shifter console.  there are magnets in there and a circuit board with a "hall effect" sensor in there.  if either of these are not functioning, it will cause the shift gate not to work in tiptronic mode, but still regain the buttons in the steering wheel.

Kurt wrote at 2009-08-14 03:53:13
Look up 2004 cayenne problems. The place you get directed too says they replace a falty case on the trans on that year, the pump directs the flow of fluid to go in a different direction which eventually causes an issue, the main cause was that odd shape within that side case. (Sure sounds electrical too), Best of luck, Hope this helps.

Rick D wrote at 2009-12-01 07:33:55
I have a 2004 Cayenne V6 and have had transmission problems for years.  I reported the first problems as early as 5000 miles, but the dealer could never replicate, to the point that I am now out of warranty and the problem is getting worse.  Finally. after multiple complaints, the dealer replicated the issue and quickly diagnosed I needed a new transmission.  I have taken the issue to Porsche North America who refuses to acknowledge the issue was noted several times prior to warranty expiration and will not cover the repair.  Amazing, when I went to replace the transmission given all the issues, the DEALER TOLD ME THEY COULD NOT FIND THE PROBLEM and did not replace the transmission.  How many of us are there out there with 2004 Cayenne Transmission issues????

Brad wrote at 2010-11-16 04:03:17
Just spent $2500 on 04 Cayenne transmission valve body, clunk, clunk, clunk, - My wife needed to drive my Cayenne for a day to work to transport a piece of office furniture that would not fit in her car.  She laughed and told me I was driving a piece of junk.  I think she may be right.  

jfrifel wrote at 2013-05-31 21:07:52
this is and has happened on many 2004 cayenne's.  I have read many complaints and have talked with other owners.  it has begun on mine.  I believe this is more common than Porsche would let on and it is a factory defect that should be recalled and fixed free of charge.

Porsche Repair

Brad MCClure

Drivability, Fault codes, Drive train, mechanicals (engines), BRakes

Own and operates a Porsche shop.

ASEET Electronics Degree Certified Engine & Transmission builder