Portugal/family trip to Lagos

Hi there,  We are travelling to Lagos next May 2014, flying into either Faro, or Lisbon, depending which airline we fly with, we are all leaving from Ottawa, Canada. What would be the best way to travel from either airports? We are staying for two weeks, is there a particular must see in Portugal?  

thanks for your help,  

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Unfortunately, apart from places such as Rvora, there are not a lot of exciting tourist destinations in the Alentejo, the region between Lisbon and the Algarve.

The most interesting parts of Portugal are North of Lisbon, including cities like Porto, Coimbra, Guimarẽs etc.

Travelling from Lisbon to Lagos, Algarve one has three options:

- Train
- Bus
- Hire Car

Have a look at some of these recent articles on my blog which provide further information on this:

Travelling from Faro Airport would be dependent on what time your flight arrives. There are public transport options (Bus/Rail) if one arrives before 16:00. After that it is either a hire car or expensive taxi/airport transfer.  

I can respond to most questions concerning travel, tourism, real estate, culture, living, history, internet, general economic matters and market research in Portugal, including the Algarve. . I can also provide counsel on on public transport within, to and from Portugal and into Spain. Please note that I cannot always guarantee to provide detailed itineraries. Please note that as travel costs are currently constantly changing I cannot provide guaranteed information on prices!

I have known Portugal for 40 years. I have lived in Lagos in the Algarve for the past 15 years and have extensive geographic, cultural, historical, and commercial knowledge of the region particularly as relevant to the travel, tourism and real estate sectors..

Publications - Twitter -

Life Experience 3 UK A-Levels. Fluent Portuguese and French

Past/Present Clients (web designer)