Portugal/Travel from Lisbon to Lagos

I want to arrange coach or train travel from Lisbon (airport) to Lagos in August (2013).  I have looked at current fares and times but as these cannot be booked far enough in advance, can you tell me if the coach and train fares rise significantly during the summer months and also, do the schedules stay the same?

Also, do you know if there is a facility to store suitcases at the train or coach station in Lisbon?

Good Morning,

1) Train and Bus Fares are usually set on an annual basis. Fares do not change for the summer season. It is highly unlikely that there will be any change in train or bus fares before August 2013. If there are changes it would only be by 5% or so.

2) Bus Schedules - Usually there is an increased frequency of service by and services in summer. However, it is unlikely one will be able to confirm this until June/July.

3) Train Schedules - Based on previous years, there is likely to be an increase in services in the summer. However, it will probably be only one or two extra services per day. Again, it is unlikely one will be able to confirm this until June/July.

4) Luggage Storage - There are currently luggage lockers on the basement floor of the Gare Oriente Train/Bus Station from whence bus and train services (change at Tunes Junction for Lagos) to Lagos depart.

There are also luggage lockers and a left luggage department at Lisboa Sete Rios Bus Station (Metro/CP Sete Rios) from whence depart and services for Lagos

I can respond to most questions concerning travel, tourism, real estate, culture, living, history, internet, general economic matters and market research in Portugal, including the Algarve. . I can also provide counsel on on public transport within, to and from Portugal and into Spain. Please note that I cannot always guarantee to provide detailed itineraries. Please note that as travel costs are currently constantly changing I cannot provide guaranteed information on prices!

I have known Portugal for 40 years. I have lived in Lagos in the Algarve for the past 15 years and have extensive geographic, cultural, historical, and commercial knowledge of the region particularly as relevant to the travel, tourism and real estate sectors..

Publications - Twitter -

Life Experience 3 UK A-Levels. Fluent Portuguese and French

Past/Present Clients (web designer)