Portugal/return train journey

can I get a direct day return train from Almancil to Seville in Spain, and what is the cost and likely duration of the journey

Most probably yes, but...staying for a short period of time at Sevilla. Please consider that starting early from Almancil you have no direct (or non-stop) trains to Sevilla. Inside Portugal you certainly have at least one stop and change train. Later on you have to cross by boat the river GUADIANA at Vila Real de St. António. Then you take the train at Ayamonte (Spain) to Sevilla. Probably not direct. These steps will take almost half a day. The other half is to return...
Think about BUS. That's all I can tell you.
Good luck.

Joaquim Domingos

I may answer most of the questions about tourist travel, but limited to the Lisbon area. Itineraries, hotels, restaurants, monuments, real estate, etc. Please AVOID to ask me information about the rest of Portugal. I am NOT an expert on Algarve or Spain! Please understand that I will not answer questions concerning any place out of the Lisbon area. Also please avoid to ask questions about visas or other legal matters (employment, driving licenses, etc.)

More than 30 years experience organizing small group tours in Portugal, now acting in an individual basis (retired).

Degree in Sociology (Lisbon University).