Postpartum Depression/Depression

Question
I am still pregnant and not sure wether my question falls into your area of expertise or not so forgive me before hand if it doesn't.

I am 7 months and 16 days pregnant and was very happy until recently when i lost one of my dogs (MISHKA).

I tried everything to save her but at the end she left us...she was not even a year old.

After her demise I just couldn't help blaming myself and moreover I hate being pregnant. I don't want the pregnancy. I am not excited about it...neither i want to talk about it with anyone.

I don't care about the check ups, etc. I don't want to discuss this with my hubby although he is quite understanding.

I just need some advise

Thanks

Answer
Dear Mishka's Mommy,
I am very sorry to hear for your loss. Anything experienced during pregnancy, especially the loss of a loved one, will make things seem even more depressing and upsetting. I am glad that you have someone to support you through this, but when you're pregnant it really does feel like you're going through it alone a lot of the time. Remember, that when we lose someone we go through the process of grieving. And it is absolutely normal to feel like you can't handle it and you just want it to stop. As for feeling like you don't want to be pregnant anymore, that is also completely normal. Pregnancy sucks. When I hear from women who think that it's the most wonderful thing in the world and they never felt better, I think they're lying or they have to be on something! So being uncomfortable and  not liking being pregnant, all of that is completely and utterly normal. I know right now hearing that probably isn't going to make you feel much better. But know that you did all that you could for Mishka and that she is looking down on you and your new baby with love. She can be your doggie angel. Also if you need any help in getting through the loss of your beloved pet, please visit the website below. It is a place where pet moms and dads can go to mourn the loss of their beloved pet. If you need anything else and if you think I could help, feel free to email me again through this website. Thank you again and I really hope that you're able to get through this pregnancy without further upset.
Your's Sincerely, April
Pet loss support site.      

http://www.lightning-strike.com

Postpartum Depression

April