Pot Bellied Pigs/Pot bellied piggy ITCHY

Leslie wrote at 2013-07-09 13:38:24
Not sure if you ever resolved the problem but when I bought my little piglet at 5 weeks, she was itching so badly.   I took her to a local vet and he immediately diagnosed her with scabies.   I can't remember the medication he put her on as it was 15 years ago, but it took care of the problem right away...not before we all contracted scabies too, unfortunately.   We were treated immediately and everyone was 100% soon thereafter.

One additional a new pig owner, you should know there is no such thing as a micro mini pig.  Your baby will continue to grow for 5 years or so. Be careful not to over feed as it will get out of control very quickly.  I can highly recommend contacting Susan Magidson at Ross Mill Farm and the Pig Placement Network in Rushland, Pa.  She can tell you everything you need to know.  

Pot Bellied Pigs

Helen Morrison

Pot-bellied or other miniature pet pig care, including diet, housing, training, health care. Can provide information about zoning, adoption, supplies, and organizations. Questions about any kind of pet swine are welcome!

Owning, raising, and caring for small pet swine, including "Vietnamese" pot-bellied pigs since 1992.

Pigs of Great Fortune; FAREC; PigCollaborative

BBA from KSU