Pot Bellied Pigs/POTTY ISSUES

Question
Turbo, my baby boy who is about a year old and we have had him since May 2012 (we don't know his real birthday were told one thing when we got him however many pig farmers have told me that was not accurate#.This is his first winter and so far he has hated every minute. He is a house pet however loves to be outside. We have made a ball pit for him and he gets to play with his busy ball anytime he seems restless.
Lately he can not hold his potty at all, he will potty in his kennel any time he is in their and on my rugs if I'm not fast enough when I see him get into his little stance. Now two days in a row he has dribbled a little on the couch #he has never done that before) but it seems as though he didn't realize he needed to go.  
I have read on a past inquiry that grapes can cause pigs to pee...is  this true? What should we use instead? He gets a grape when he potties outside, gets into his kennel or when we are training.
Thanks!

Answer
Grape are fine treats for pigs and do not make them urinate any more than usual.

I am not a veterinarian and can not make a medical diagnosis over the internet. The issue you describe, a little dribble on the couch that he seems unaware of, could be a symptom of a urinary infection or other problem. Urinary crystals are not uncommon in male pigs, and the twisty narrow urethra is easily blocked. I suggest getting Turbo to a vet for a check up. He may need antibiotics, or he may need a special supplement to reduce the acidity of his urine.

There's a list of vets that see pet pigs at www.farec.org If there are none near you, contact the closest ones, they may be able to give you a referral.

Pot Bellied Pigs

Helen Morrison