Pot Bellied Pigs/pot belly pig

Booboo is a 18 year old pot belly pig.
Her appetite has feel off to less then half of her norm.
She has lost about 10 pounds and can't afford to loss much more.
I believe shes sick, the vet is making a house call this Friday.
She is rubbing her nose raw do you have any idea why?

I am not a veterinarian and can not make a medical diagnosis over the internet.

Any time a pig is not hungry there is a problem. The trick is to get more nutrition into less food. Offering drinks like Boost or Ensure and switching from pig pellets to Calf Manna can help.

She may be rubbing her nose because she stuck it into something that is irritating, and it may or may not be connected to the weight loss. Or, it could be a sign that she is in pain.

At piggy's age, nasal or oral cancer is a possibility. The fact that piggy has lost a lot of weight is not promising. But, on a high nutrition diet, piggy may still have some good time left.

Pot Bellied Pigs

Helen Morrison

Pot-bellied or other miniature pet pig care, including diet, housing, training, health care. Can provide information about zoning, adoption, supplies, and organizations. Questions about any kind of pet swine are welcome!

Owning, raising, and caring for small pet swine, including "Vietnamese" pot-bellied pigs since 1992.

Pigs of Great Fortune; FAREC; PigCollaborative

BBA from KSU