Pot Bellied Pigs/Mini Pig - lethargic/diarrhea

We bought my daughter a mini pig two days ago - the lady that sold him to us said he was ten days old - first question would that too young???

He did well the first night and yesterday except that his stool got progressively looser - today he has been lethargic, still with very loose stool.  The lady we bought him from told us to give him pepto bismol for the loose stool and that if he became lethargic to give him some pancake syrup.  We have tried all of this, but he doesn't seem to be getting much better.  She said that he is on a milk only diet for the next few weeks.  Does any of this sound correct?  Should we be doing something differently?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks!

Your piglet should have stayed with it's mother and siblings for at least 5 to 6 to six weeks.  After weaning He should have been eating piglet pellets for a couple of weeks before he was allowed to go to his new home!
If it is a possible you should take him back and make the breder put him back with his mother and siblings until he is older and weaned properly.
when he is weaned properly he will not have any eating problems.

Pot Bellied Pigs

Patricia Morrisroe

I have bred Royal Dandie Miniature Pigs for over 20 years. I can answer any questions about care, feeding, training, personalities, differences from other Miniature pet pigs, how to litter box train, leash training, bathing, What supplements they need, how to house them.

I am the only breeder in the world. I created this breed of miniature pig over the last 21 years. I have been answering questions everyday for 21 years.

Founded the Crabbet Arabian Assoc of Oregon, Had my USDA license, Experience with feeding formulas, product development, 21 years of studies in pig genetics.