Pot Bellied Pigs/micro pig

Question
Hi, I've asked you questions before and always like your input and advice. My four month old pig has been shedding lately, and I've noticed flakes of skin coming off of him too. I was told pigs don't shed, but that is not the case with em. I gave him a bath recently and it seemed to help, but not for long as he's still doing it. I lotion him daily to using Johnson baby lotion. I don't know what else to do, and it doesn't seem to bother him. He itches like normal but the shedding and flakes have recently started and I don't know what else to do. Is this normal? Also, I was wondering if I feed him to much. I am afraid to under feed him, and he is a growing pig. I feed him breakfast at 630 am, maruzi pig feed, and dinner at 630 pm for a total of 1/2 cup of food. Then for lunch around mid afternoon he gets a snack like some sugar free pudding and milk, then around midnight he gets another snack w/ milk like grapes and stuff. Is that too much? He seems content and I do not want my little man going hungry.

Answer
Pigs do shed! Except it isn't called "shedding" it's called "blowing their coat". Words aside, it is the same thing.

Many pigs love having their bristles pulled out when they are blowing their coats. Each pig does it differently, and differently each time. Sometimes all the old bristles come out at once, then piggy is bare for a while (or maybe covered in tiny bumps), then covered in peach fuzz when the new bristles emerge. Other pigs loose bristles a little at a time here and there.

Feeding pigs is more art than science. The most important thing is how piggy looks. If he's not too fat or skinny, then you're doing it right.

Pot Bellied Pigs

Helen Morrison