Pot Bellied Pigs/Female in heat

QUESTION: I got a mini pot belly in July. She was already 6-8 months old when I got her, and too large to be fixed safely without risk to her life. (She is on a diet for overweight piggies, but is right at 100 pounds) she is well housebroken and goes outside, she gets along well with my dog, and they are separated when no one is home. She generally only likes me and the dog, she will tolerate my boyfriend, and hides from anyone else. Until her "time" at that time, she loves all men. The problem is, she is, during her heat, attempting to aggressively hump and bite my dog and myself, since I can't get her fixed and won't put her outside for something she can't help, is there anything I can do to make this time easier on all of us?

ANSWER: Hello,
It is unfortunate that she wasn't spayed when she was younger.
You really don't have options other than keeping her away from men when she is in heat.
An inside space would an option for you.
As far as her weight goes if you will send me a picture  can evaluate her weight and suggest a feeding program that will help her maintain a proper and healthy weight.

QUESTION: This is my girl, Mila. She is fat, I know. But she's my sweet girl, I want to get her down to a healthy weight in a healthy way. She eats 12% protein mini pig chow, 1/2 cup twice a day, and some celery for treats. She occasionally sneaks small bites of food that I or my boyfriend is eating. She's a good girl, just a little fat and doesn't like strangers.

Yes......she is a big girl.
I would suggest that you change her feeding program.  What you are feeding now is causing her to be overweight and unhealthy.
To help her loose her extra weight and maintain a healthy future weight please use Infinity Plus Adult.
It is balanced for Mini pig and will keep her satisfied and healthy.  
You will also want to try the Vit/min supplement.  It is designed for indoor pet pigs so they receive all the benefits of what they would get if they were outside rooting around all day.
You should see a nice difference in about a month.
Give her only healthy snacks...mostly vegetables and a very small amount of fruit.
Hope this helps.

Pot Bellied Pigs

Patricia Morrisroe

I have bred Royal Dandie Miniature Pigs for over 20 years. I can answer any questions about care, feeding, training, personalities, differences from other Miniature pet pigs, how to litter box train, leash training, bathing, What supplements they need, how to house them.

I am the only breeder in the world. I created this breed of miniature pig over the last 21 years. I have been answering questions everyday for 21 years.

Founded the Crabbet Arabian Assoc of Oregon, Had my USDA license, Experience with feeding formulas, product development, 21 years of studies in pig genetics.