Pot Bellied Pigs/Vaginal abscess

My potbelly had a very large lump which I think is an  abscess on her vagina pleas help I don't know what to do

I am not a veterinarian and can not make a medical diagnosis or prescribe medication over the internet.

Is your pig fixed? If not, could she be in heat? Heats can cause those parts to swell and/or turn bright red.

If your pig is fixed, and this is an abscess, you can apply a warm compress. Sometimes this will help an abscess burst on it's own. You can also use any antibiotic ointment or cream made for people on your pig, but in this case be sure it's one that can be safely used on that area of the body.

If this is not an abscess but a lump caused by something else, like hernia, prolapse or cancer, you pig will need to see a veterinarian. There is a partial list of veternarians who see pet pigs at www.farec.org

Pot Bellied Pigs

Helen Morrison

Pot-bellied or other miniature pet pig care, including diet, housing, training, health care. Can provide information about zoning, adoption, supplies, and organizations. Questions about any kind of pet swine are welcome!

Owning, raising, and caring for small pet swine, including "Vietnamese" pot-bellied pigs since 1992.

Pigs of Great Fortune; FAREC; PigCollaborative

BBA from KSU