Pot Bellied Pigs/male pot bellied pig

I have a two year old pig. I recently noticed his scrotum seems to be very large. what would be a normal size, it is about the size of a elongated grapefruit.          thank you.

Mini pigs reach sexual maturity at a very young age, and emotional adulthood at about age 2. Their scrotumes can be quite large and long.

If it looks like it's grown quite a bit in the last few weeks, or he acts like the area hurts or is uncomfortable, if it looks red or raw or lumpy, or if one side is bigger than the other, chances are there is a problem and piggy will need to see a vet.

Size alone should not be an issue as long as piggy is not having any peeing problems. If piggy shows signs of straining to pee he will need to see a vet.

Pot Bellied Pigs

Helen Morrison

Pot-bellied or other miniature pet pig care, including diet, housing, training, health care. Can provide information about zoning, adoption, supplies, and organizations. Questions about any kind of pet swine are welcome!

Owning, raising, and caring for small pet swine, including "Vietnamese" pot-bellied pigs since 1992.

Pigs of Great Fortune; FAREC; PigCollaborative

BBA from KSU