Pot Bellied Pigs/Pig problem

I have a young female who is not fixed as i have had issues finding a vet to do the job. They will neuter males no problem but females are few and far between for some reason. Any how, my very small young female came in heat. I walked out to her pen this evening to feed and a larger male had broke in and was with her. Im sure he belongs down the road but im not sure. Im very worried about her being pregnant by him because he is quite a bit bigger than her. She is barely the size of a cocker spaniel and he is almost as big as my 9 month old boxer pup. Obviously they are both round and fatter than both breeds of dogs being pigs lol. Any way, I'm not sure what to do about this and if she is pregnant by him how likely is it that she will make it through? Im truly worried for her now.she was rescued and just recently got to a more healthy state. When i rescued her she was so badly sun burned, over heated, underweight and covered in ticks and mites. I have worked hard to fix her up and get her right, I dont want to lose her. Her pen was strong and sturdy (so i thought) I definitely didn't see anything like this happening. That male portion belly definitely has a good sence of smell unfortunately :-( she was referred to as a micro mini by the people i convicted to let me have her. The male like i said is a pot belly. Thank you for your time and i hope to hear back from you soon.

Your message does not indicate where you are, but there is a partial list of vets who see pet pigs at www.farec.org http://www.farec.org/us-vets.htm  Dr Wilbers in Quakertown PA  will work with other veterinarians over the phone, so if you can find a vet who is willing to learn this might help.

There is a drug called Lutalyse that will prevent pregnancy if it is administered soon. Ask your vets about this, it's a common drug. If your vet is concerned about dosage, Dr Wilbers or Dr Carr can help.

If you can not do this, I recommend the book Veterinary Care of Pot-Bellied Pigs by Dr Lorrie Boldrick-Blackburn. It has a couple of chapters devoted to care of pregnant pigs, birthing and care of young piglets. https://www.amazon.com/Veterinary-Care-Pot-Bellied-Pet-Pigs/dp/0962453129

Pot Bellied Pigs

Helen Morrison

Pot-bellied or other miniature pet pig care, including diet, housing, training, health care. Can provide information about zoning, adoption, supplies, and organizations. Questions about any kind of pet swine are welcome!

Owning, raising, and caring for small pet swine, including "Vietnamese" pot-bellied pigs since 1992.

Pigs of Great Fortune; FAREC; PigCollaborative

BBA from KSU