Pot Bellied Pigs/Sores on scrotum

Hi, it's Cathy again. I am a first time mini pig owner so you will be hearing from me a lot. My 10 week old Monroe has developed sores on his testicles. At first it was just redness. But yesterday I put some antibiotic cream on him and it looked like scabs were falling off. He has had skin scrapings done and has been treated with ivermectin. He kicks his legs and shakes them once in awhile but I don't know if it is from the sores. Any ideas? Thanks so much for any input.

Hi Cathy,
As the scabs form they will probably itch and that's is why he is kicking at them.
keep lots of moisturizer on him....something natural like Emu oil.  I would also follow up with a second dose of Ivomec in 12 to 14 days just insure that he has no parasites.
Be sure to keep his hoofs trimmed also.
Hope this helps,

Pot Bellied Pigs

Patricia Morrisroe

I have bred Royal Dandie Miniature Pigs for over 20 years. I can answer any questions about care, feeding, training, personalities, differences from other Miniature pet pigs, how to litter box train, leash training, bathing, What supplements they need, how to house them.

I am the only breeder in the world. I created this breed of miniature pig over the last 21 years. I have been answering questions everyday for 21 years.

Founded the Crabbet Arabian Assoc of Oregon, Had my USDA license, Experience with feeding formulas, product development, 21 years of studies in pig genetics.