Pottery/Inherited Wedgwood English Bone China!

I have received an entire set of Wedgwood Bone China as an inheritance recently.  Many of the dinner plates and several of the dessert plates are discolored, I'm guessing from "heating" in the oven to keep food being served hot.

Is there any way these can be reglazed by a professional.  I live in Delaware and am not aware of any kilns in the area where I could attempt to reglaze and bake them myself.

Many thanks, Susan Wingate

Dear Susan,

Thank you for your recent question. Because you have received the Wedgwood Bone China as an inheritance, the value of your gift could be substantial and I dare not instruct you on how to re-glaze and re-fire causing loss in the value of the ware.

My suggestion to you is to contact the company (I am listing the contact information below) and let them give you instructions on how to clean the ware. It may be as simple as polishing it with a specific cleaner.

If this is an older version of the china, please consider the value before attempting to re-glaze and re-fire.

The company contact information is:

Attn: Internet Inquiries
    P.O. Box 1454
    Wall, NJ 07719-1454

9:00am-5:00pm EST

If you find the ware is not of the older version and is of no real monetary value and you would still like to re-glaze the ware, them please contact me again, and I will locate a professional potter for you. Good luck and I am always at your service.

Ms. Ti Phillips
Earth Stoke 'N Fire Pottery Studio and Artist Retreat

Ti Phillips

Will answer any questions on hand building, wheel, glaze, firing. Speciality questions to include those in glaze calculation and development, firing techniques. Please do not send questions on identifying pottery. Although I would love to add this to my question topics, I have a retreat to run as well as the studio and volunteering on AllExperts, and therefore do not have the available time to research indentification and marks. Thank you for understanding.

Experience includes 30 years in pottery design and education. Have taught online and studio classes worldwide for the last 20 years. Own a pottery retreat specializing in firing techniques. Have 12 years solid experience in glaze calculation and formulation as well as problem solving in glaze chemistry. I am the first potter in the United States to have developed a complete package of pottery equipment blueprints for a studio. The blueprints include wheels, kilns, studio furniture, wedgeboards, raku kilns, slab rollers, ball mills and studio tools.

Alliance of Pottery Artists Worldwide Association

Ceramic Industry - PPP Wyndstryder Press - Pottery Journal

University of Sciences and Art's of Oklahoma, studied under Professor Jaymes Dudding.

Potter of the year with APAWA, various awards for showmanship and design.

Available upon request.