Pottery/Inherited Wedgwood English Bone China!

Question
I have received an entire set of Wedgwood Bone China as an inheritance recently.  Many of the dinner plates and several of the dessert plates are discolored, I'm guessing from "heating" in the oven to keep food being served hot.

Is there any way these can be reglazed by a professional.  I live in Delaware and am not aware of any kilns in the area where I could attempt to reglaze and bake them myself.

Many thanks, Susan Wingate

Answer
Dear Susan,

Thank you for your recent question. Because you have received the Wedgwood Bone China as an inheritance, the value of your gift could be substantial and I dare not instruct you on how to re-glaze and re-fire causing loss in the value of the ware.

My suggestion to you is to contact the company (I am listing the contact information below) and let them give you instructions on how to clean the ware. It may be as simple as polishing it with a specific cleaner.

If this is an older version of the china, please consider the value before attempting to re-glaze and re-fire.

The company contact information is:

WWRD US, LLC
    Attn: Internet Inquiries
    P.O. Box 1454
    Wall, NJ 07719-1454

Phone:
    1-877-900-9973      
    Monday-Friday
    9:00am-5:00pm EST

If you find the ware is not of the older version and is of no real monetary value and you would still like to re-glaze the ware, them please contact me again, and I will locate a professional potter for you. Good luck and I am always at your service.

Sincerely,
Ms. Ti Phillips
Earth Stoke 'N Fire Pottery Studio and Artist Retreat
www.earthstokenfire.com

Pottery

Ti Phillips