Pottery/maintenance on an old estrin wheel

Hi there, I was hoping you could help me, I'm finally dusting off the old wheel and going back into the studio. I have an estrin wheel and I would like to know how to grease it if I need to. It's been sitting outside (under cover) for the past three years. There seem to be a couple of nipples on it, one under the wheel head and another at the base of the stem? Sorry, my terminology is sorely lacking. Anything else I should do to it before making the poor old thing work hard?
Thank you for any advice,

Dear Leanna,

Thank you for your recent question. I am unfamiliar with this particular brand and can not give you suggestions on maintenance. I can however, give you the address to the manufacturer that can assist you on the maintenance of this particular model. Their address is:

Estrin Mfg. Co
1696 West 5th Ave.
Vancouver, B.C.
phone(604) 731-5371

I hope this assists you in getting the answers you need. If you have any problems in getting the information, please contact me again and I will do further research to assist you. Always at your service and much luck to you.

Ms. Ti Phillips
Earth Stoke 'N Fire Pottery Studio and Artist Retreat

Ti Phillips

Will answer any questions on hand building, wheel, glaze, firing. Speciality questions to include those in glaze calculation and development, firing techniques. Please do not send questions on identifying pottery. Although I would love to add this to my question topics, I have a retreat to run as well as the studio and volunteering on AllExperts, and therefore do not have the available time to research indentification and marks. Thank you for understanding.

Experience includes 30 years in pottery design and education. Have taught online and studio classes worldwide for the last 20 years. Own a pottery retreat specializing in firing techniques. Have 12 years solid experience in glaze calculation and formulation as well as problem solving in glaze chemistry. I am the first potter in the United States to have developed a complete package of pottery equipment blueprints for a studio. The blueprints include wheels, kilns, studio furniture, wedgeboards, raku kilns, slab rollers, ball mills and studio tools.

Alliance of Pottery Artists Worldwide Association

Ceramic Industry - PPP Wyndstryder Press - Pottery Journal

University of Sciences and Art's of Oklahoma, studied under Professor Jaymes Dudding.

Potter of the year with APAWA, various awards for showmanship and design.

Available upon request.