Pottery/Broken Teapot Handle

Question
I just read your response to someone else on fixing a broken teapot spout using epoxy. I just broke the handle off my teapot. It is a really clean break and I can see that it will fit back together with very little hint that it was ever broken. Before I try to fix it, I want to make sure the epoxy will be strong enough to support the teapot when it's full of tea. It hold about 4 cups of water. Do you think it will hold?

Thanks a million!
Steph

Answer
Dear Steph,

Thank you for your recent question. If you are able to glue the handle to the pot where the pieces join without any gap in the broken sections, then yes, the pot handle will be sturdy enough to hold the pot when full. Be sure and follow the instructions on the epoxy carefully and use a piece of duct tape to hold the pieces tightly together until dry. When removing the duct tape, use some fingernail polish remover to remove any tack left behind.

I hope this helps you mend your teapot. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me at any time. Always at your service. Much luck to you.

Sincerely,
Ms. Ti Phillips
Earth Stoke 'N Fire Pottery Studio and Artist Retreat
www.earthstokenfire.com

Pottery

Ti Phillips