Pottery/Sharp Nodules On Glaze

Hi, I emailed you earlier this month about finding sharp nodules on my glazed ceramic piece.  Since then, the kiln has been vacuumed very well and actually dismantled and reassembled since we had to change its location.  A load was just fired which included two of my glazed pieces.  Both pieces were bought as bisque and were smooth.  Both were painted with EZ strokes, fired, and then glazed with the same clear glaze.  One piece came out perfectly fine and the other piece had more of the sharp nodules.  The kiln did not show any indication that it had misfired.  Since I handpaint my pieces, they are one of a kind and I wish I could determine what is causing these nodules.  Any more thoughts?  Thanks.

Dear Carol,

Thank you for your recent question. I remember your question on the nodules. I checked the former question and answer before to refresh my memory. I asked about sending a photo so that I could view the flaw. Could you possibly send me a photo of the flawed glaze piece and I will be happy to try to identify the problem.

Also, In your response, please list the clay body you are using, the exact name of the EZ Strokes glaze and the name of the clear glaze you are using. Finally, please let me know if you are firing electric, gas or wood.

I look forward to your response.

Ms. Ti Phillips
Earth Stoke 'N Fire Pottery Studio and Artist Retreat  

Ti Phillips

Will answer any questions on hand building, wheel, glaze, firing. Speciality questions to include those in glaze calculation and development, firing techniques. Please do not send questions on identifying pottery. Although I would love to add this to my question topics, I have a retreat to run as well as the studio and volunteering on AllExperts, and therefore do not have the available time to research indentification and marks. Thank you for understanding.

Experience includes 30 years in pottery design and education. Have taught online and studio classes worldwide for the last 20 years. Own a pottery retreat specializing in firing techniques. Have 12 years solid experience in glaze calculation and formulation as well as problem solving in glaze chemistry. I am the first potter in the United States to have developed a complete package of pottery equipment blueprints for a studio. The blueprints include wheels, kilns, studio furniture, wedgeboards, raku kilns, slab rollers, ball mills and studio tools.

Alliance of Pottery Artists Worldwide Association

Ceramic Industry - PPP Wyndstryder Press - Pottery Journal

University of Sciences and Art's of Oklahoma, studied under Professor Jaymes Dudding.

Potter of the year with APAWA, various awards for showmanship and design.

Available upon request.