Pottery/Celebrity Brand Stoneware

Celebrity Cantina Bowl
Celebrity Cantina Bowl  

Celebrity Cantina Cup
Celebrity Cantina Cup  
I have a starter set of Celebrity Brand Cantina stoneware that was purchased in 1973.  It looks like it was made in Japan and is really nice looking -- brown with a floral design in the middle (picture attached).   I do have 3 short questions that I am hoping you can help with:

1) Is there any way to tell if this set was made with lead based paint?   

2) If yes, am I better off tossing it rather than risk someone's health.

3)  If not, is it  worth anything to anyone?

Thank you

Dear Linda,

Thank you for your recent questions. Due to the recent tornado's in Oklahoma, our Internet service has been sporadic. I am unable to locate information on the brand Celebrity Stoneware. This does not mean it I can't find information for you. However, if you would be so kind as to take a picture of the bottom of each of the pieces you sent photo's of, it would help me in locating information for you.

I await your reply.

Ms. Ti Phillips
Earth Stoke 'N Fire Pottery Studio and Artist Retreat

Ti Phillips

Will answer any questions on hand building, wheel, glaze, firing. Speciality questions to include those in glaze calculation and development, firing techniques. Please do not send questions on identifying pottery. Although I would love to add this to my question topics, I have a retreat to run as well as the studio and volunteering on AllExperts, and therefore do not have the available time to research indentification and marks. Thank you for understanding.

Experience includes 30 years in pottery design and education. Have taught online and studio classes worldwide for the last 20 years. Own a pottery retreat specializing in firing techniques. Have 12 years solid experience in glaze calculation and formulation as well as problem solving in glaze chemistry. I am the first potter in the United States to have developed a complete package of pottery equipment blueprints for a studio. The blueprints include wheels, kilns, studio furniture, wedgeboards, raku kilns, slab rollers, ball mills and studio tools.

Alliance of Pottery Artists Worldwide Association

Ceramic Industry - PPP Wyndstryder Press - Pottery Journal

University of Sciences and Art's of Oklahoma, studied under Professor Jaymes Dudding.

Potter of the year with APAWA, various awards for showmanship and design.

Available upon request.