Pottery/Identification of Type of Glaze

Question
pot
pot  

pot 2
pot 2  
Could you please identify the type of glaze on the pot whose image I've attached.  It is a matt finish with a shiny glazed collar and a metallic silver rim.  Thank you.

Answer
Dear John,

Thank you for your recent question. You have actually answered your own question. The type of glaze is matte. The shiny glazed collar is a gloss glaze and the metallic silver rim is a glossy metallic glaze.

I think that what you are probably wanting is the actual name of the glazes on the pot and unfortunately, it is very difficult to identify a glaze based on a photo.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. If you have further questions in the future, please feel free to contact me at any time. I am always at your service.

Sincerely,
Ms. Ti Phillips
Earth Stoke 'N Fire Pottery Studio and Artist Retreat
www.earthstokenfire.com

Pottery

Ti Phillips