Pottery/Identification of Type of Glaze

pot 2
pot 2  
Could you please identify the type of glaze on the pot whose image I've attached.  It is a matt finish with a shiny glazed collar and a metallic silver rim.  Thank you.

Dear John,

Thank you for your recent question. You have actually answered your own question. The type of glaze is matte. The shiny glazed collar is a gloss glaze and the metallic silver rim is a glossy metallic glaze.

I think that what you are probably wanting is the actual name of the glazes on the pot and unfortunately, it is very difficult to identify a glaze based on a photo.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. If you have further questions in the future, please feel free to contact me at any time. I am always at your service.

Ms. Ti Phillips
Earth Stoke 'N Fire Pottery Studio and Artist Retreat

Ti Phillips

Will answer any questions on hand building, wheel, glaze, firing. Speciality questions to include those in glaze calculation and development, firing techniques. Please do not send questions on identifying pottery. Although I would love to add this to my question topics, I have a retreat to run as well as the studio and volunteering on AllExperts, and therefore do not have the available time to research indentification and marks. Thank you for understanding.

Experience includes 30 years in pottery design and education. Have taught online and studio classes worldwide for the last 20 years. Own a pottery retreat specializing in firing techniques. Have 12 years solid experience in glaze calculation and formulation as well as problem solving in glaze chemistry. I am the first potter in the United States to have developed a complete package of pottery equipment blueprints for a studio. The blueprints include wheels, kilns, studio furniture, wedgeboards, raku kilns, slab rollers, ball mills and studio tools.

Alliance of Pottery Artists Worldwide Association

Ceramic Industry - PPP Wyndstryder Press - Pottery Journal

University of Sciences and Art's of Oklahoma, studied under Professor Jaymes Dudding.

Potter of the year with APAWA, various awards for showmanship and design.

Available upon request.