Pottery/Vase

Question
Vase
Vase  
QUESTION: What kind of Vase is this ? I notes it is stoneware and look like porcelain ? What kind of Glaze?

ANSWER: Dear Victor,

Thank you for your recent question. To further attempt to identify your vase, could you please seen an additional photo of the complete vase as well as a photo of the bottom of the vase. Thank you, I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Ms. Ti Phillips
Earth Stoke 'N Fire Pottery Studio and Artist Retreat
www.earthstokenfire.com

Vase
Vase  

Vase bottom
Vase bottom  
QUESTION: Trying to find out what it made of?

Answer
Dear Victor,

Thank you for your follow up images. This helped a lot in identifying the vase composition. Your vase is made of white stoneware. The glaze is a matte underglaze base (the mountains and creaminess color under the flowers) with a decorative over glaze (flowers) on top. It looks as though a clear crackle was applied to the underglaze and over glaze to give it a hint of glossiness and of course the crackle look.

I was unable to locate the pottery artist who made this piece, but this is not uncommon as there are thousands of artists who do pottery. However, I can tell you that this piece is from a very skilled artist who has been working with clay for many years and understands the clay and glaze composition and formulation requirements to achieve perfected pieces such as this. This is a piece I would hold on to. Some day, you may just come across information on the artist and find you have a valuable piece.

Very nice. Thank you for sharing it with me. Should I come across any information on the artist in the future, I will gladly contact you and share it.

Hope this information was useful to you. If I can be of further service to you, please feel free to contact me at any time. I am always at your service.

Sincerely,
Ms. Ti Phillips
www.earthstokenfire.com

Pottery

Ti Phillips