Pottery/Three Knob Firing Schedule

I have a kiln that has low medium high I forgot how to do the time I Mean how long on each setting.thanks bonnie

Dear Bonnie,

Thank you for your recent question. The firing schedule for a three knob kiln is as follows:

Load the kiln.
Place your cone.
Leave the lid cracked to one inch for ventilation of steam.
If the kiln has peep holes, leave them open.
Turn the lower knob to low for one hour.
Turn the middle knob to low for one hour.
Turn the upper knob to low for one hour.
Turn the lower knob to medium for one hour.
Turn the middle knob to medium for one hour
Turn the upper knob to medium for one hour.
Turn the lower knob to high for one hour.
Turn the middle knob to high for one hour.
Close the lid.
Plug the peep holes.
Turn the upper knob to high until cone drops.

I hope this assists you in learning to fire the kiln. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me again at any time. I am always at your service.

Ms. Ti Phillips
Earth Stoke 'N Fire Pottery Studio and Artist Retreat  

Ti Phillips

Will answer any questions on hand building, wheel, glaze, firing. Speciality questions to include those in glaze calculation and development, firing techniques. Please do not send questions on identifying pottery. Although I would love to add this to my question topics, I have a retreat to run as well as the studio and volunteering on AllExperts, and therefore do not have the available time to research indentification and marks. Thank you for understanding.

Experience includes 30 years in pottery design and education. Have taught online and studio classes worldwide for the last 20 years. Own a pottery retreat specializing in firing techniques. Have 12 years solid experience in glaze calculation and formulation as well as problem solving in glaze chemistry. I am the first potter in the United States to have developed a complete package of pottery equipment blueprints for a studio. The blueprints include wheels, kilns, studio furniture, wedgeboards, raku kilns, slab rollers, ball mills and studio tools.

Alliance of Pottery Artists Worldwide Association

Ceramic Industry - PPP Wyndstryder Press - Pottery Journal

University of Sciences and Art's of Oklahoma, studied under Professor Jaymes Dudding.

Potter of the year with APAWA, various awards for showmanship and design.

Available upon request.