Pottery/Using Styrofoam to Build Hollow Ceramics

Question
Hi. A long time ago I remember an old art teacher of mine using styrofoam as a basis to build ceramics on so that they would be hollow. However, I am having trouble finding any information on this technique. Are there any special requirements when sculpting this way? Such as different firing temps or specific type of foam?
Thank you in advance,
 K.

Answer
Dear Kristina,

I believe the following link will give you an idea on how this technique is used.

http://ceramicartsdaily.org/ceramic-art-and-artists/ceramic-sculpture/making-pla

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me at any time. I am always at your service.

Sincerely,
Ms. Ti Phillips
Earth Stoke 'N Fire Pottery Studio and Artist Retreat
www.earthstokenfire.com

Pottery

Ti Phillips