Pottery/Sno Industries Kiln, Model P9

Ti, I am so thrilled I stumbled onto this site. I acquired the used kiln listed above, 120 V, Serial 1179, 14 amps. It also has a Dawson Kiln sitter, Model P, 210 Vac, 50 amps.  Was used (by a little old lady) for a few years for firing china painting (cone 018 - cone 22). I'd like to glaze fire to cone 6, and bisque fire to cone 04-06. There is no instruction manual. I read your response to Jodi, 03-21-13. It was excellent and clear. Might it also apply to the Sno Kiln, Model P9 for firing cones 06 through cone 6?
What a wonderful service this site offers. I'm sure to visit again about mixing glazes.

Thank you so much.

P.S. How does one send a donation to this site?

Dear Jackie,

Thank you for your recent question, and we appreciate your using AllExperts for your ceramic questions. Yes, the same information can be used for the Sno Kiln, however, it would be advisable to download the manual for the kiln itself so that you have the exact model for the kiln you are working with.

As with Jodi's kiln, you can go to my website at and click on RESOURCES, then click on the S letter to take you to the manuals beginning with the letter S. You will want to download the .exe file for the Sno Kiln Manual - Model - All.

Once you have downloaded the Sno Kiln Manual, return to the top of the page and click on the letter D and download the Dawson Kiln Sitter Manual - Model P and K.

This will give you both the kiln and kiln sitter manuals for your kiln. Read through them carefully to understand how to run your kiln and set it for the the cones you are wanting to fire. Of course, I will always be here to assist you with any questions you may have, so do not hesitate to ask.

As for donations, after you read your answer (this page), you have the option to rate the answer I gave you. Then you will have an option to make a donation. Any donations you make I place into an account here at my retreat for our young adult scholarship fund. The Rose Myrtle Lester - Young Adult Scholarship Fund is set up to assist young inspiring artists with art supplies, studio time, summer internship and instruction. Scholarships are awarded based on student application, written essay and work submitted. A jury selects artists who show promise and desire to make art a career but do not have art offered in their neighborhood schools or communities. This program is a wonderful program I started 20 years ago in my grandmother's honor when she gifted me a drawing pad and a box of drawing pencils and told me "Art Lives Through Me." This is our motto and what we teach our young adults. So any donations are certainly welcomed and appreciated.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at any time. I am always at your service. Read through the manuals and make notes on any areas you do not understand, then write me with your questions. I will gladly help you. Good luck and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ms. Ti Phillips
Earth Stoke 'N Fire Pottery Studio and Artist Retreat

Ti Phillips

Will answer any questions on hand building, wheel, glaze, firing. Speciality questions to include those in glaze calculation and development, firing techniques. Please do not send questions on identifying pottery. Although I would love to add this to my question topics, I have a retreat to run as well as the studio and volunteering on AllExperts, and therefore do not have the available time to research indentification and marks. Thank you for understanding.

Experience includes 30 years in pottery design and education. Have taught online and studio classes worldwide for the last 20 years. Own a pottery retreat specializing in firing techniques. Have 12 years solid experience in glaze calculation and formulation as well as problem solving in glaze chemistry. I am the first potter in the United States to have developed a complete package of pottery equipment blueprints for a studio. The blueprints include wheels, kilns, studio furniture, wedgeboards, raku kilns, slab rollers, ball mills and studio tools.

Alliance of Pottery Artists Worldwide Association

Ceramic Industry - PPP Wyndstryder Press - Pottery Journal

University of Sciences and Art's of Oklahoma, studied under Professor Jaymes Dudding.

Potter of the year with APAWA, various awards for showmanship and design.

Available upon request.