Pottery/Qianlong Blue Mark with Letter A

vase 2
vase 2  
Hello this is Nathan Trafford again. I'm sorry I thought I did post pictures of the vase. I'll do it immediately and thanks again for everything.  :)

Dear Nathan,

This is a follow up on the request for information on your Qianlong Vase. I have done extensive research on this particular pattern and vase design, as well as the mark. Because the pattern is one that is not showing as a popular pattern of period,

The fine detailed lines at the top and bottom patterns of the vase are somewhat jagged and not true to parallel as would be on a period Qianlong Vase. The main lotus flower, which is a common flower used to depict Chinese decoration, is flat and shows no depth in value. The Chinese of the Qianlong period were exceptional in varying value in the decoration of flowers, sky and animate objects to create a since of realism, so that the object seem to pop from the vase.

Although I would have to see the vase in person to give a definite value, from what I have been given to work with, I would value this vase between $20 and $100, depending on the quality of the surface inside and out.

I hope this information helps you. If I can be of further service to you, please feel free to contact me at any time. I am always at your service.

Ms. Ti Phillips
Earth Stoke 'N Fire Pottery Studio and Artist Retreat  

Ti Phillips

Will answer any questions on hand building, wheel, glaze, firing. Speciality questions to include those in glaze calculation and development, firing techniques. Please do not send questions on identifying pottery. Although I would love to add this to my question topics, I have a retreat to run as well as the studio and volunteering on AllExperts, and therefore do not have the available time to research indentification and marks. Thank you for understanding.

Experience includes 30 years in pottery design and education. Have taught online and studio classes worldwide for the last 20 years. Own a pottery retreat specializing in firing techniques. Have 12 years solid experience in glaze calculation and formulation as well as problem solving in glaze chemistry. I am the first potter in the United States to have developed a complete package of pottery equipment blueprints for a studio. The blueprints include wheels, kilns, studio furniture, wedgeboards, raku kilns, slab rollers, ball mills and studio tools.

Alliance of Pottery Artists Worldwide Association

Ceramic Industry - PPP Wyndstryder Press - Pottery Journal

University of Sciences and Art's of Oklahoma, studied under Professor Jaymes Dudding.

Potter of the year with APAWA, various awards for showmanship and design.

Available upon request.