Could I be Pregnant?!/Could I be pregnant?

I am taking the oral contraceptive Microgestin, the packs contain three weeks worth of white (active) pills and then the fourth week has 7 brown pills. My husband and I had intercourse three days before my brown pills were to become active, we also had sex the day I started the brown week. The next day I had pink spotting and some blood, like a period but lighter for 4-5 days. It was odd because technically my period wasn't supposed to start for another week.
I want to know if I am pregnant. If I am I want to stop taking the pill asap, but until I take a pregnancy test should I stop taking the pill?
Thank you for your help!

- H

How long have you been currently taking this kind of pill? Normally a woman's period will start 1-3 days after starting the brown "inactive" pills but break through bleeding is very common.
Also how heavy was the flow exactly? Could you wear a tampon or pad it did you only need a panty liner? Depending on how long you've been consecutively taking the pill your body will adjust at some point and cause you to have much lighter periods than what you may be used to.
If you believe the bleeding was implantation bleeding keep in mind this bleeding doesn't occur for 9-14 days AFTER conception. So you would've had to become pregnant at least a week before the bleeding to even consider that.
basically there are so many factors to consider we could be here ALL day trying to figure it out haha. So my best advice would be to run to the local pharmacy and pick up a pregnancy test. In the mean time DO NOT stop taking your pills unless directed to by your doctor. You could actually end up becoming pregnant this way and unless that's what you're going for.... Haha.
I am the perfect example as I am 6 months pregnant with my future daughter because I started my lack two days later than usual. I was waiting on a period and was worried I was already pregnant... Turns out!! =) so yeah. Be safe!  

Could I be Pregnant?!

Brie Nash

I am currently working to obtain a nursing degree and want to continue on to be an OBGYN. Most of my research while being in college has helped me gain an amplitude of knowledge regarding pregnancy, especially the time before you know if you are truly pregnant or not. I am very interested in this time as the first few weeks of a pregnancy can be the most important. I also deal with these types of questions on a daily basis in life thanks to my friends and family. I have a beautiful 5 month old little girl. She took a while to be conceived so I know how it is!

I am a volunteer at the Red Cross when time permits. I am a member of a Mardi Gras organization which takes up what is left of my free time. I am also the owner of ChunkMunk Fluff, a cloth diapering store.

As I stated in the previous section, I am currently enrolled in college to become a registered nurse and then move on the becoming an OBGYN. Also, as I said before most of my studies, even if I begin on a subject as far off as cardiovascular issues, somehow lead me straight back to pregnancy as I am very interested in the subject.