Could I be Pregnant?!/Possibly Pregnant?

So about two years ago, when my boyfriend and I started dating I was taking Lo Loestrin birth control and stayed on the pill for about a year. I never missed a period or spotted instead of a period, even my first month of taking the pill. After that first year my mood swings started getting out of control and I was gaining a lot of weight so I stopped taking the pills. I am still together with the same boyfriend and just once again am trying to take the same birth control to see if my mood swings can be controlled. When I used to be on these pills I always got my period right when the sugar pills started. This time I only spotted a tiny bit on brown discharge before the sugar pills even started and then that was it. Never got a period. About three weeks into taking the birth control my boyfriend and I started having unprotected sex again and I felt save since I was always taking my pills. I'm nervous now because I seemed to have missed a normal period and have been experiencing severe nausea, and gas feelings. I noticed back pain recently and also very tired. This could all have nothing to do with possibly being pregnant but I know these are all common side affects. My period was missed a week ago so last night I took a test and it was negative. I'm confused as to maybe it's too early to tell if I am, or if maybe the birth control was acting different this time around and is messing with my body. Am I possibly pregnant or is this all just normal things happening. Thank You!

Hi Shelby, Thanks for your question. Did you find out anything yet if you are pregnant? Your symptoms do sound like they could be pregnancy symptoms. I would recommend getting another test. You can get a FREE one at a pregnancy resource center. To find a center near you, go to Your birth control pills could be affecting your body differently this time. I really can't say. But birth control pills are not 100% safe in preventing pregnancy, no birth control method is. So it's possible you could be pregnant even taking the pills correctly. Let me know what happens. Is it a problem if you are pregnant? Email me at so we can talk privately. Bye for now.

Could I be Pregnant?!

Carie Eichel

I'll be on vacation for a few days. You may email me at if you need to talk during this time. Please be patient as I will be out of town for a few days and may not be able to access email.
I can answer questions about pregnancy tests and symptoms of pregnancy. I can offer networking and resources for local pregnancy testing and resource centers. I can answer questions about various birth control methods. If I am "maxed out" you can email me at to reach me privately.

I have one daughter and 7 grandchildren. I have helped women in pregnancy situations and with birth control options for almost 25 years. I volunteer with Austin Pregnancy Resource Center ( and am involved with Hope Connections Pregnancy Resource Center (

Preliminary sonogram training. Some college.

I have had hundreds of past clients through one-on-one counseling online and at the Austin Pregnancy Resource Center.