Could I be Pregnant?!/Fed up of asking could this be the month!?

Hello, my name is Maria and I am from the U.K, this is the only place so far on the interenet I have found that offers advise an answers to your direct questions. I am 20 years old, am married and have my own house with a spare bedroom. Myself and my partner both have stable, fairly well paid jobs, and I think we are mentally ready for this bundle of joy. The only problem is, we have been trying for a year. Dead on a year. I mean, we haven't been going at it every night, or even charting fertility, I have become a dab hand at recognising when I am ovulating anyway. But nothing seems to happen. Since we have been trying I seem to hVe not had period pain every month, giving me false hope, unfortunately my boobs hurt every month, so I don't even have a give away there. I'm a wondering of I am suffering with chemical pregnancies, as my periods are now very light, and used to be medium to heavy. Also I used to get a fair amount of pain, nothing drastic, but now nothing. Everyone around me seems to be having baby's, and I'm not stressed about it, I understand the chances are slim even if we are both perfect beings, but I am worried. I feel I will be laughed out of the doctors if I approach them because of my age, even though I am potentially more settled, stable and ready then half of the population struggling through pregnancy right now. Help me please, I am fed up of asking, could I be pregnant, to come on 3 days later, unwarned, and lighter than expected each month. Thanks , Maria

Hi Maria, Thanks for your question. I'm sorry for your situation, that you want a baby and haven't been able to conceive. If you have been trying for a year, perhaps one of you is infertile. Your partner (your husband?) could have a problem or maybe you. I think you can go to a doctor and get tested to see if there is something wrong. Sometimes, if you are trying too hard, it is hard to conceive and if you relax and don't think about it, you could get pregnant. I have just heard stories like that. Let me know how you are doing. You can email me privately at
Would like to stay in touch!
Oh, and check out and see if that helps any with information about Natural Family planning.

Could I be Pregnant?!

Carie Eichel

I'll be on vacation for a few days. You may email me at if you need to talk during this time. Please be patient as I will be out of town for a few days and may not be able to access email.
I can answer questions about pregnancy tests and symptoms of pregnancy. I can offer networking and resources for local pregnancy testing and resource centers. I can answer questions about various birth control methods. If I am "maxed out" you can email me at to reach me privately.

I have one daughter and 7 grandchildren. I have helped women in pregnancy situations and with birth control options for almost 25 years. I volunteer with Austin Pregnancy Resource Center ( and am involved with Hope Connections Pregnancy Resource Center (

Preliminary sonogram training. Some college.

I have had hundreds of past clients through one-on-one counseling online and at the Austin Pregnancy Resource Center.