Could I be Pregnant?!/Other illness or pregnant?

So I know only a test can tell me for sure if Im pregnant but it took me 3 months with my son to get a home positive so I'm afraid that's the same issue here. Basically my mirena that I had for 1 year fell out. I had horrible labor like pains the day before and some light bleeding for 2 days after. I'm usually a heavy 7 day bleeder so I thought that was odd. This all happened about 6 weeks ago, about 2 weeks ago I began feeling some nausea at night,horrible back aches and head aches. My boobs are ocasionally sore but not all the time and are leaking and have gained a few dark hairs. I have constant vaginal discharge and am crampy alot( thinking I may start soon), I have always had a good sense of smell so that didn't seem to be any different, but my hands are now falling asleep most nights and I went from loose stools to now constipated and have recently had a stuffy nose and sore throat (again which I had with my son). I have taken all kinds of tests and all come back negative, my new job refuses to allow my insurance till i have worked there fpr another 4 weeks, since I just ended my mirena I'm worried if I'm pregnant it could be ectopic or unhealthy in a sense. I have had unprotected sex with my husband before and since it came out but he did not ejaculate in me. I don't know what the odds are of me beimg pregnant but if not this what else could possibly cause these issues

Dear Amber,

Thanks for your question. I does sound, to me, like you might be pregnant. But I can't diagnose over the internet so you will have to go to a doctor or get a pregnancy test. I understand what you are saying about the home pregnancy test but you can go to a pregnancy resource center and get a FREE test done. Go to and find a center near you. Contact them and find out if you can get that free test done. So let me know what happens. You can email me at
Hope to hear from you soon.

Could I be Pregnant?!

Carie Eichel

I'll be on vacation for a few days. You may email me at if you need to talk during this time. Please be patient as I will be out of town for a few days and may not be able to access email.
I can answer questions about pregnancy tests and symptoms of pregnancy. I can offer networking and resources for local pregnancy testing and resource centers. I can answer questions about various birth control methods. If I am "maxed out" you can email me at to reach me privately.

I have one daughter and 7 grandchildren. I have helped women in pregnancy situations and with birth control options for almost 25 years. I volunteer with Austin Pregnancy Resource Center ( and am involved with Hope Connections Pregnancy Resource Center (

Preliminary sonogram training. Some college.

I have had hundreds of past clients through one-on-one counseling online and at the Austin Pregnancy Resource Center.