Could I be Pregnant?!/I'm pretty sure there's no way, but...

Please tell me that this makes sense!  I had my third and (at least if things go according to plan) last child almost a year ago.  She was breastfed exclusively for six months... well, more like seven because it took her awhile to decide to eat anything!  I had my first period post-baby in November, and another in December... none in January.

My husband hasn't even been at home much this month because of work, so I think we have had intercourse all of once since my last period.  We definitely used a condom, which didn't break and wasn't old... there should be no reason to worry, right?

If it helps, I've been having lots of discharge, but all clear or egg-yolk-y.  No morning sickness or anything.  I don't FEEL pregnant, if that makes sense.

Normally I would just chalk it up to irregular still-breastfeeding periods.  But a friend just told me that she got a surprise positive on a pregnancy test (with a baby not much older than mine, and no plans for any more!) so I'm a little worried.

In this situation, a missed period because of breastfeeding makes more sense than pregnancy, doesn't it?

Well, it's possible that you could get pregnant using a condom. Even if it didn't break, there are studies that pregnancy is a possibility. Is there any other reason that you could skip your period, such as stress or change or diet? Please email me at and let me know what is happening. Talk soon. Will it be a problem if you are pregnant?

Could I be Pregnant?!

Carie Eichel

I'll be on vacation for a few days. You may email me at if you need to talk during this time. Please be patient as I will be out of town for a few days and may not be able to access email.
I can answer questions about pregnancy tests and symptoms of pregnancy. I can offer networking and resources for local pregnancy testing and resource centers. I can answer questions about various birth control methods. If I am "maxed out" you can email me at to reach me privately.

I have one daughter and 7 grandchildren. I have helped women in pregnancy situations and with birth control options for almost 25 years. I volunteer with Austin Pregnancy Resource Center ( and am involved with Hope Connections Pregnancy Resource Center (

Preliminary sonogram training. Some college.

I have had hundreds of past clients through one-on-one counseling online and at the Austin Pregnancy Resource Center.