Could I be Pregnant?!/I'm pretty sure there's no way, but...

Question
Please tell me that this makes sense!  I had my third and (at least if things go according to plan) last child almost a year ago.  She was breastfed exclusively for six months... well, more like seven because it took her awhile to decide to eat anything!  I had my first period post-baby in November, and another in December... none in January.

My husband hasn't even been at home much this month because of work, so I think we have had intercourse all of once since my last period.  We definitely used a condom, which didn't break and wasn't old... there should be no reason to worry, right?

If it helps, I've been having lots of discharge, but all clear or egg-yolk-y.  No morning sickness or anything.  I don't FEEL pregnant, if that makes sense.

Normally I would just chalk it up to irregular still-breastfeeding periods.  But a friend just told me that she got a surprise positive on a pregnancy test (with a baby not much older than mine, and no plans for any more!) so I'm a little worried.

In this situation, a missed period because of breastfeeding makes more sense than pregnancy, doesn't it?

Thanks!

Answer
Well, it's possible that you could get pregnant using a condom. Even if it didn't break, there are studies that pregnancy is a possibility. Is there any other reason that you could skip your period, such as stress or change or diet? Please email me at Carieichel@aol.com and let me know what is happening. Talk soon. Will it be a problem if you are pregnant?

Could I be Pregnant?!

Carie Eichel