Could I be Pregnant?!/Missed period , spotting, negative urine test

QUESTION: I have been on oral contraceptives from 2007. I stopped it on the month of June 2013. My period was due on 5th July but it came a week late on 12th July.On August it came on 10th and on September it came again on 10th. Based on that, I was supposed to get the next periods on 10th October. I waited thinking it to be late this month. On 27th October I saw a dark brown spot on my underwear. That night I had dizzyness. Next dmorning spotted only when I wiped.Felt dizzy, sleepy and feverish in the afternoon. Next day the same thing. On 30th I took a urine test but that came out negative.I had sex only on 6th October. Could I still be pregnant and wait a few days for the next test ? If not what else could be wrong with me? I did an intravaginal USG on 15th Oct as a routine checkup and the doc said all is good.

ANSWER: Hello Indrani, Thanks for your question. I cannot tell you for sure if you are pregnant. You will have to keep taking pregnancy tests until you have a positive. It does sound like you could have pregnancy symptoms. So let me know if anything else has happened. Will it be a problem if you are pregnant? And yes, you can get pregnant from just one time of having sex. Write soon.

QUESTION: I went to ob/gyn on 7th Nov and after doing an ultrasonography, she told me I have PCOS and a very thin, poorly developed endometrial lining. She prescribed me Duphaston. With such complications could I still be pregnant in future ? My husband and me are TTC.

You will have to ask your doctor about that possibility. I do pray to God that you will have your heart's desire. I don't know anything about Duphaston. I hope it works for you. You can email me at and keep me updated.

Could I be Pregnant?!

Carie Eichel

I'll be on vacation for a few days. You may email me at if you need to talk during this time. Please be patient as I will be out of town for a few days and may not be able to access email.
I can answer questions about pregnancy tests and symptoms of pregnancy. I can offer networking and resources for local pregnancy testing and resource centers. I can answer questions about various birth control methods. If I am "maxed out" you can email me at to reach me privately.

I have one daughter and 7 grandchildren. I have helped women in pregnancy situations and with birth control options for almost 25 years. I volunteer with Austin Pregnancy Resource Center ( and am involved with Hope Connections Pregnancy Resource Center (

Preliminary sonogram training. Some college.

I have had hundreds of past clients through one-on-one counseling online and at the Austin Pregnancy Resource Center.