Could I be Pregnant?!/Is it possible i could be Pregnant?

Hi I am Shannon,
I started taking Sprintec two months ago. This is the end of my second month about a week ago I had unprotected sex I took a pregnancy test that said negative. Today was my first day of my cycle and it is very light compared to what it use to be. I am not sure if it is a light period because of the birth control or if it could be spotting from implant. My breasts are sensitive and sense the first month of birth control my stomach has felt "different". Could I be pregnant? Or could it be the birth control?

It's possible that you could be pregnant even if you had a light cycle. Or you could have an irregular cycle because of the hormones in the birth control pills. You can go to a pregnancy resource center and get a free test done there. Go to or and click on the worldwide directory. Would it be a problem if you are pregnant? Please email me at and let me know what happens. Thanks for your question.

Could I be Pregnant?!

Carie Eichel

I'll be on vacation for a few days. You may email me at if you need to talk during this time. Please be patient as I will be out of town for a few days and may not be able to access email.
I can answer questions about pregnancy tests and symptoms of pregnancy. I can offer networking and resources for local pregnancy testing and resource centers. I can answer questions about various birth control methods. If I am "maxed out" you can email me at to reach me privately.

I have one daughter and 7 grandchildren. I have helped women in pregnancy situations and with birth control options for almost 25 years. I volunteer with Austin Pregnancy Resource Center ( and am involved with Hope Connections Pregnancy Resource Center (

Preliminary sonogram training. Some college.

I have had hundreds of past clients through one-on-one counseling online and at the Austin Pregnancy Resource Center.