Could I be Pregnant?!/Could I be pregnant??

Okay so last Wednesday, I started Gianvi birth control. I wasn't on my period or anything, I just took it as soon as I got it. The same day I had unprotected sex and was also prescribed generic flagyl to take with the birth control. Saturday I also had unprotected sex and bled a little which is unusual for me because I never bled during sex. I've also been having irregular periods so I don't know how to track my ovulation. i've also been pretty nauseous and dizzy and my appetite has skyrocketed. I just had a baby a year ago and I really don't want another kid. My doctor also gave me a prenancy test the same day he prescribed the birth control and it was negative but that was before this all happened.

Dear Annaliese,

Thanks for your question. I'm not sure that you started your birth control at the right time.
Your symptoms sound like they might be pregnancy symptoms. Have you taken a pregnancy test now and do you know if you are pregnant or not? Please email me at
If you are pregnant you already have a baby living inside of you. Let me know how you are doing and any questions you might have. Bye for now.

Could I be Pregnant?!

Carie Eichel

I'll be on vacation for a few days. You may email me at if you need to talk during this time. Please be patient as I will be out of town for a few days and may not be able to access email.
I can answer questions about pregnancy tests and symptoms of pregnancy. I can offer networking and resources for local pregnancy testing and resource centers. I can answer questions about various birth control methods. If I am "maxed out" you can email me at to reach me privately.

I have one daughter and 7 grandchildren. I have helped women in pregnancy situations and with birth control options for almost 25 years. I volunteer with Austin Pregnancy Resource Center ( and am involved with Hope Connections Pregnancy Resource Center (

Preliminary sonogram training. Some college.

I have had hundreds of past clients through one-on-one counseling online and at the Austin Pregnancy Resource Center.