Could I be Pregnant?!/Could I Be Pregnant?

Here are the facts:

--I just got out of a bad relationship and I'm afraid I'm pregnant (possibly paranoia)

--Haven't had sex since March 9th

--I'm on the pill and we always used condoms. I'm normally very careful about taking the pill but I think I may have missed one in March

--Been getting my period during the placebo week. It has been very light, but it's normally light when I'm on the pill.

--I went to my doctor twice in May and she has given me two urine tests (she performed and read them). They were negative. I live in a foreign country and HPT are not available.

--She says I am definitely not pregnant and I have no nausea, breast tenderness etc. but for some reason I'm still scared.
However, I know I'm paranoid about these things and don't want my doctor to think I'm completely crazy. I don't want to be one of those "I didn't know I was pregnant" statistics, but is the evidence enough for me to drop it?

Hi Gina, Thanks for your question. You don't have any pregnancy symptoms so I don't know what to say. Sometimes, women are pregnant and feel a feeling that they are. Or you could be overly scared or worried. You will have to see if you develop any pregnancy symptoms or start your period. I'm sorry that they are no home pregnancy tests. Do you have a pregnancy resource center there? If so, you might be able to get a Free pregnancy test there. Try or and click on the worldwide directory. Please write me at so we can talk more.  

Could I be Pregnant?!

Carie Eichel

I'll be on vacation for a few days. You may email me at if you need to talk during this time. Please be patient as I will be out of town for a few days and may not be able to access email.
I can answer questions about pregnancy tests and symptoms of pregnancy. I can offer networking and resources for local pregnancy testing and resource centers. I can answer questions about various birth control methods. If I am "maxed out" you can email me at to reach me privately.

I have one daughter and 7 grandchildren. I have helped women in pregnancy situations and with birth control options for almost 25 years. I volunteer with Austin Pregnancy Resource Center ( and am involved with Hope Connections Pregnancy Resource Center (

Preliminary sonogram training. Some college.

I have had hundreds of past clients through one-on-one counseling online and at the Austin Pregnancy Resource Center.