Could I be Pregnant?!/Can doctors tell if she's been taking her birth control? I

I'm asking this for a friend. The pills make her sick so she has recently stopped taking them a week or so ago. She stopped taking them when she started a new pack and had unprotected sex aright after. I have no clue why.

Then she said she had cramping and slight bleeding about 8 or so days after that. She thought it was implantation bleeding.

If she goes to the doctor and gets a blood pregnancy test can the doctor tell if she's been taking her birth control or not?

Hi, thanks for your question.

No, the doctor can't tell of she's been taking her pills BUT it is very important that she tell her doctor the truth. He may miss out on testing for other things if she doesn't tell him/her everything! =) doctors aren't there to judge your choices but treat your issues.

Good luck & I hope she figures it out soon!  

Could I be Pregnant?!

Brie Nash

I am currently working to obtain a nursing degree and want to continue on to be an OBGYN. Most of my research while being in college has helped me gain an amplitude of knowledge regarding pregnancy, especially the time before you know if you are truly pregnant or not. I am very interested in this time as the first few weeks of a pregnancy can be the most important. I also deal with these types of questions on a daily basis in life thanks to my friends and family. I have a beautiful 5 month old little girl. She took a while to be conceived so I know how it is!

I am a volunteer at the Red Cross when time permits. I am a member of a Mardi Gras organization which takes up what is left of my free time. I am also the owner of ChunkMunk Fluff, a cloth diapering store.

As I stated in the previous section, I am currently enrolled in college to become a registered nurse and then move on the becoming an OBGYN. Also, as I said before most of my studies, even if I begin on a subject as far off as cardiovascular issues, somehow lead me straight back to pregnancy as I am very interested in the subject.