Could I be Pregnant?!/Sex

Question
Flower
Flower  
I have a girlfriend aged 19. We will have a sex within a week. After the sex, my girlfriend will take 'emcon' 1. This is her first and also last time. My question is, when will she take the tablet, after the sex of before? If after, then how much time? Will we be able to have again a sex with the effect of that tablet before 72 hours after having the tablet? As it is her first and last time for having this tablet, will she face any problem physically?
Please, give me answers..

Answer
Hi, thanks for your question.

If you & your girlfriend are planning on having intercourse you need to use another method other than medication such as condoms.
Condoms are much more effective at preventing pregnancy. Not to mention they also prevent stds. Even if she takes the pill she still has a chance of becoming pregnant. Especially if you have sex again afterwards.
Emergency contraceptive is only for use in emergencies. It could also make her sick & have irregular terribly painful periods. Be responsible & use condoms or a real form of birth control  

Could I be Pregnant?!

Brie Nash

I am currently working to obtain a nursing degree and want to continue on to be an OBGYN. Most of my research while being in college has helped me gain an amplitude of knowledge regarding pregnancy, especially the time before you know if you are truly pregnant or not. I am very interested in this time as the first few weeks of a pregnancy can be the most important. I also deal with these types of questions on a daily basis in life thanks to my friends and family. I have a beautiful 5 month old little girl. She took a while to be conceived so I know how it is!

I am a volunteer at the Red Cross when time permits. I am a member of a Mardi Gras organization which takes up what is left of my free time. I am also the owner of ChunkMunk Fluff, a cloth diapering store.

As I stated in the previous section, I am currently enrolled in college to become a registered nurse and then move on the becoming an OBGYN. Also, as I said before most of my studies, even if I begin on a subject as far off as cardiovascular issues, somehow lead me straight back to pregnancy as I am very interested in the subject.