Could I be Pregnant?!/Could I still be pregnant?

Question
Hello Brie, I have been stressed out about this and was hoping that you would be willing to help me. The first day of my last period was May 28th, I got a positive (peak) opk on June 6th with EWCM, and had unprotected sex 4 days prior to that. I am now 32 dpo, still no period, and the only symptom I have noticed is mild aching breasts for the past couple days. We also had sex a couple times after that, each time being about a week apart. I took a dollar store pregnancy test the other day and got a BFN. Could I still be pregnant?

Answer
Hi there Sarah! Thanks for your question.

You could absolutely still be pregnant. Dollar store tests are sensitive usually to about 25 miu/ml. In very early pregnancy it can take a while to get to that 25. Definitely test again. If you get a negative again retest in a few days or get a super sensitive test like a first response eaely result and try that. False negatives are extremely common.

Hope to here from you soon!! Definitely go get a new test asap! Good luck  

Could I be Pregnant?!

Brie Nash

I am currently working to obtain a nursing degree and want to continue on to be an OBGYN. Most of my research while being in college has helped me gain an amplitude of knowledge regarding pregnancy, especially the time before you know if you are truly pregnant or not. I am very interested in this time as the first few weeks of a pregnancy can be the most important. I also deal with these types of questions on a daily basis in life thanks to my friends and family. I have a beautiful 5 month old little girl. She took a while to be conceived so I know how it is!

I am a volunteer at the Red Cross when time permits. I am a member of a Mardi Gras organization which takes up what is left of my free time. I am also the owner of ChunkMunk Fluff, a cloth diapering store.

As I stated in the previous section, I am currently enrolled in college to become a registered nurse and then move on the becoming an OBGYN. Also, as I said before most of my studies, even if I begin on a subject as far off as cardiovascular issues, somehow lead me straight back to pregnancy as I am very interested in the subject.