Could I be Pregnant?!/Am I pregnant

Question
Me and my boyfriend were in the shower and he ejaculated on my stomach and the water washed it down to my vagina. I was on my period the day before and a little that day too but it stopped the next day. It's been two weeks since then and this last week my stomach has had aches all the time and I've felt bloated all the time and I'm getting cramps. Also each time I eat I feel sick. I'm really worried I could be pregnant but I don't understand how if I was basically on my period when he did it. Am I pregnant?

Answer
Don't worry. You're not pregnant.

There's literally NO way (even if it was possible to get pregnant the way you described) that you would be experiencing such strong symptoms yet.

Lets say you're an average woman with a 28 day cycle. You would ovulate 10-14 days after the first day of your period. Unless your period is 10-14 days long you wouldn't have ovulated for a few days to a week later.
It then takes anywhere from 5-10 days for the egg to implant into your uterus and for you to officially BE pregnant. And then a couple of more days after that to get a positive on a pregnancy test. Hence why they say to wait until you miss your period to test.

So if it's been 2 weeks since the incident and lets *just* say you ovulated 7 days after the incident. *if* the egg was fertilized you may not even BE pregnant yet.

I'd also like to mention that viable sperm only lives for 3-5 days in your body. Sometimes if your boyfriend has SUPER sperm 7. And that's with a perfect ejaculation inside your vagina.

Since he did it on your tummy in the shower I'm gonna assume there was soap involved. That would've killed them almost immediately. If that didn't get them the additives in water and the temperature would. And then any little guys that were left over got washed down the drain.

Sperm are extremely sensitive to heat and chemicals.
the trip to your fallopian tubes is a treacherous one. 95% of them don't make it.
Make that trip longer and more dangerous and you end up with lots of dead sperm.

The symptoms are most likely in your head because you're stressing out or fearing being pregnant. Psyching yourself out. People do this all the time.

Good luck.  

Could I be Pregnant?!

Brie Nash

I am currently working to obtain a nursing degree and want to continue on to be an OBGYN. Most of my research while being in college has helped me gain an amplitude of knowledge regarding pregnancy, especially the time before you know if you are truly pregnant or not. I am very interested in this time as the first few weeks of a pregnancy can be the most important. I also deal with these types of questions on a daily basis in life thanks to my friends and family. I have a beautiful 5 month old little girl. She took a while to be conceived so I know how it is!

I am a volunteer at the Red Cross when time permits. I am a member of a Mardi Gras organization which takes up what is left of my free time. I am also the owner of ChunkMunk Fluff, a cloth diapering store.

As I stated in the previous section, I am currently enrolled in college to become a registered nurse and then move on the becoming an OBGYN. Also, as I said before most of my studies, even if I begin on a subject as far off as cardiovascular issues, somehow lead me straight back to pregnancy as I am very interested in the subject.