Could I be Pregnant?!/Pregnant?

QUESTION: Started spotting a week ago, a few days later it turned more to drops. I was concerned it could be implantation bleeding, but got a negative test. I stopped talking my birth control because of all this. Its been four days now since, no period still, and now today had a stringy tissue like clot. Still getting negative tests though. Could I be pregnant?Just too early to detect or something?

ANSWER: When did you stop taking your birth control? When did you have sex? Did you use protection? Were you taking your birth control correctly before?
Sorry so many questions but I need a lot more information here. =)

QUESTION: I stopped taking it four days ago, and haven't had sex since. The last time I did have sex was about three weeks ago, with my ex, who I had done it with quite often, and sometimes I would forget to take my birth control, but would once I remembered to. I also feel nausea and some fatigue, I really feel like I could be pregnant but don't get why its coming back negative.

If it's been 3 weeks I think it's unlikely they you are pregnant. More than likely the symptoms you are experiencing are a mix of the fear of being pregnant and you stopping your birth control.
since you stopped your BC you may or may not get a period this month. And spotting while on the pill (also known as break through bleeding) is very common.
I would call your doctor and see when you need to start back on the pill. This will help get you back on track. You could also request a blood test to be super sure you aren't pregnant.
In the future though don't stop taking your BC unless your doctor advises you to or you get a positive on a pregnancy test. Stopping will only confuse your body further and depending on the last time you had sex (say if it was just a few days before) you could actually cause yourself to become pregnant by stopping.

Good luck!

Could I be Pregnant?!

Brie Nash

I am currently working to obtain a nursing degree and want to continue on to be an OBGYN. Most of my research while being in college has helped me gain an amplitude of knowledge regarding pregnancy, especially the time before you know if you are truly pregnant or not. I am very interested in this time as the first few weeks of a pregnancy can be the most important. I also deal with these types of questions on a daily basis in life thanks to my friends and family. I have a beautiful 5 month old little girl. She took a while to be conceived so I know how it is!

I am a volunteer at the Red Cross when time permits. I am a member of a Mardi Gras organization which takes up what is left of my free time. I am also the owner of ChunkMunk Fluff, a cloth diapering store.

As I stated in the previous section, I am currently enrolled in college to become a registered nurse and then move on the becoming an OBGYN. Also, as I said before most of my studies, even if I begin on a subject as far off as cardiovascular issues, somehow lead me straight back to pregnancy as I am very interested in the subject.