Could I be Pregnant?!/Am I pregnant or is it stress?

I think I might be pregnant. My period is almost three weeks late. I feel sick to my stomach quite often after eating. I have gained weight. My taste has changed. I did take two pregnancy tests and both were negative so I waited a week and took another one that was negative. But I still have pregnancy symptoms and no period. Not even spotting. My periods are usually always on time. Sometimes a day early or a day late. My mother was three months pregnant with me before she knew she was pregnant. She had taken several tests and all were negative. I'm worried this may be happening to me. I have been under quite a bit of stress for the past couple of months but stress had never effected my period before.

Jane, It is possible to be pregnant and the test be negative as you know (about your mother).
So I hope by now you know for sure. Let me know by email at
You can always go to a pregnancy resource center and get a free pregnancy test. To find a location, go to or and click on the worldwide directory. Will it be a problem if you are pregnant? Hope to hear from you soon.  

Could I be Pregnant?!

Carie Eichel

I'll be on vacation for a few days. You may email me at if you need to talk during this time. Please be patient as I will be out of town for a few days and may not be able to access email.
I can answer questions about pregnancy tests and symptoms of pregnancy. I can offer networking and resources for local pregnancy testing and resource centers. I can answer questions about various birth control methods. If I am "maxed out" you can email me at to reach me privately.

I have one daughter and 7 grandchildren. I have helped women in pregnancy situations and with birth control options for almost 25 years. I volunteer with Austin Pregnancy Resource Center ( and am involved with Hope Connections Pregnancy Resource Center (

Preliminary sonogram training. Some college.

I have had hundreds of past clients through one-on-one counseling online and at the Austin Pregnancy Resource Center.