Could I be Pregnant?!/What should I do?

Question
Hi, my name is Rebecca and I have found out I'm pregnant 2 days ago. Im 18 years old. I have no idea what to do now. In terms of medically. Do I need to make a doctors appointment first? Or can I go straight to a midwife and got an scan? I'm really confused. I'm not sure if you can help me. I have looked on the internet but I found nothing.
Please help me if you can.

Answer
Hi Rebecca. Congratulations!

Are you wanting to see a midwife or an obstetrician? If you're wanting a midwife to deliver your baby call her first. She will let you know the next steps.
if you want an obstetrician call them and tell the you had a positive pregnancy test and need to make an appt.

There's no rush really. If you're very early some doctors will not want to see you until after you're about 8 weeks. Start taking prenatal vitamins and begin your life as a pregnant woman because the first trimester is vital for baby development.

Take some time to research potential doctors/midwives so you know who you want to go with.

Good luck and hoping you have a fantastic 9 months and a beautiful healthy baby!  

Could I be Pregnant?!

Brie Nash

I am currently working to obtain a nursing degree and want to continue on to be an OBGYN. Most of my research while being in college has helped me gain an amplitude of knowledge regarding pregnancy, especially the time before you know if you are truly pregnant or not. I am very interested in this time as the first few weeks of a pregnancy can be the most important. I also deal with these types of questions on a daily basis in life thanks to my friends and family. I have a beautiful 5 month old little girl. She took a while to be conceived so I know how it is!

I am a volunteer at the Red Cross when time permits. I am a member of a Mardi Gras organization which takes up what is left of my free time. I am also the owner of ChunkMunk Fluff, a cloth diapering store.

As I stated in the previous section, I am currently enrolled in college to become a registered nurse and then move on the becoming an OBGYN. Also, as I said before most of my studies, even if I begin on a subject as far off as cardiovascular issues, somehow lead me straight back to pregnancy as I am very interested in the subject.