Could I be Pregnant?!/What's my chances of being pregnant?

Question
I miscarried August 3rd, 2013. My boyfriend and I have been extremely sexually active since the miscarriage. I'm afraid I may lose it again if I'm pregnant. I'm a dancer and we have a pretty good workout. Also I was doing some cartwheels and round offs yesterday and when I do my round offs I jump pretty hard. Could I have already killed my child if I'm pregnant. And we've had sex 13 times in August and just a few times this month. There for a bit it was 4-5 times a week we would have sex now it's about 2-3 times a week.

Answer
Jessica, I'm so sorry for you loss :( I know that's a hard thing to go through. But lets be clear that you did not miscarry from dancing. Miscarriages early on usually happen because there's something wrong with the genetic info in the embryo and is not your fault at all. Its a very common thing unfortunately.

do try to take it a bit easier now that you are trying to get pregnant and had a miscarriage. Be sure you're already taking prenatal vitamins in preparation for the new baby and eat healthy. No smoking/drinking etc. And when I say take it easy I don't mean stop dancing (unless your doctor advises you too) I mean just don't over exert yourself.

babies are VERY protected inside of you though. A mother would hurt herself before hurting her baby usually. There was actually a woman who was 4-5 months pregnant (but didn't know) and went SKY DIVING. Her parachute didn't open and she fell to the earth with zero safety. Amazingly her and the baby survived!!! So we're a lot tougher than you would think.

good luck momma and here's hoping for a sticky baby.  

Could I be Pregnant?!

Brie Nash

I am currently working to obtain a nursing degree and want to continue on to be an OBGYN. Most of my research while being in college has helped me gain an amplitude of knowledge regarding pregnancy, especially the time before you know if you are truly pregnant or not. I am very interested in this time as the first few weeks of a pregnancy can be the most important. I also deal with these types of questions on a daily basis in life thanks to my friends and family. I have a beautiful 5 month old little girl. She took a while to be conceived so I know how it is!

I am a volunteer at the Red Cross when time permits. I am a member of a Mardi Gras organization which takes up what is left of my free time. I am also the owner of ChunkMunk Fluff, a cloth diapering store.

As I stated in the previous section, I am currently enrolled in college to become a registered nurse and then move on the becoming an OBGYN. Also, as I said before most of my studies, even if I begin on a subject as far off as cardiovascular issues, somehow lead me straight back to pregnancy as I am very interested in the subject.