Presbyterians/no eye has seen

Question
"No eye has seen, no ear heard etc. what God has prepared for them that love him."
 "...but God has revealed them to us etc.
 Does this mean that SOME people DO know what God has for us?

I think the reason I am asking is that I would rather believe that no one has ANY IDEA what life will be like in eternity. It seems that it makes this present life a little more bearable.

I would be disappointed to think that there are some holier than thou types that have some inside information the rest of us do not have.  Thank yoy.

Answer
Ray,

Your ending made me chuckle: "I would be disappointed to think that there are some holier than thou types that have some inside information the rest of us do not have." As I read the Scriptures, if ANYONE has "inside information" it's NOT the holier-than-thou types (which would be a pretty good description of Pharisees, ancient and modern).

Look closely at 1 Corinthians 2. The "us" is not an exclusive "us," but an inclusive "us." It's not "Me and a few friends," but "us - you Corinthians and me (and, I think, all Christians").

What Paul says here is somewhat paradoxical, but I don't think contradictory. He speaks of "us" knowing what will be, but no knowing exactly what it will be lie.

In that regard, I think it is very much like what John wrote in 1 John 3:2: "Beloved NOW we are the children of God, and it has NOT YET appeared what we shall be" (a present reality, not yet fully seen or realized). "But when he appears we shall be like him, for we shall behold him just as He is."

So I think that all Christians no "that" ("God has revealed to to us), but not exactly "what" ("no eye has seen, nor ear has heard").

The Lord bless and keep you.

Presbyterians

Pastor G