Presbyterians/Partial Rapture & Millennial Exclusion

Hello Pastor G,
I need you to help me by providing me with academic sources that refute the following two specific points:

1. Partial Rapture
2. Millennial Exclusion - a doctrine taught by only a few premillennial, partial rapture dispensationalists (G.H. Pember, Covett, G.H. Lang, etc.). It affirms that the mature christians will be raptured before the reign of the antichrist and that carnal christians will not be rapture. These carnal christians will be cast into the "outer darkness" (hades/hell) for a literal 1000 years.

I have dear friends who are being taught the two above-cited points and believe in it. The biggest problem is that I can't seem to find academic sources that refute them. I will wright a sophisticated refutation; one that is better that the free online articles that I have found so far.

In Christ,

Hi, Nathan, nice to hear from you again.

My, are there still people in the world who still believe Darby's theories? I guess there are. I don't know if you're going to find anything written specifically on this topic. I've never heard of it before, and most scholars are too busy to write regarding every strange notion that comes down the pike.

Your best bet is probably to find out what passages they are citing, and get a sound and solid commentary on it. I'd recommend pretty much any commentary from D.A. Carson or Gregg Beal.

I hope this helps.

Pastor G

I am glad to answer questions about the Scriptures, Systematic, Biblical and Historic Theology, New Testament Greek, Biblical Hebrew (although my Greek is stronger than my Hebrew); and I am also glad to give pastoral advise and counsel.

A minister ordained in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church since 1993. Prior to that I served as an elder. Former Senior Police Chaplain. College and Seminary-level lecturer.

B.A. Psychology and Theology, M.Div., Westminster Theological Seminary D.Min., Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary Law Enforcement Chaplaincy certification, ICPC