Presbyterians/Daniel's prophecies and the Olivet Discourse

Question
Hello Pastor G,
thank you for the response. Proverbs 26:4 is especially helpful.

This time, I need bibliographic recommendations on two topics:

1. A book and/or commentary on Daniel that would be especially helpful on refuting premillennial dispensationalism in light of a Reformed interpretation. As you already know, dispensationalist interpret Daniel's prophecies in a way that supposedly supports premillennialism and the rapture.

2. A book and/or commentary on the Olivet Discourse (Mat. 24, Lk 21, Mark 13) that also would be particularly helpful on defending a partial preterist interpretation and, at the same time, refuting premillennial dispensationalism.

Thanks

Answer
You might try E.J. Young's commentary on Daniel, and James Montgomery Boice's commentary on Matthew (Leon Morris on Matthew might be an alternative).

These are writers who wrote in a day when Dispensationalism was pervasive in the U.S. It no longer is. Even schools like Dallas Seminary do not teach "classic" Dispensationalism any more.

I believe there was a book entitled "Dispensationalism, Today, Yesterday and Tomorrow published back in the 80s or early 90s which may be helpful. Crenshaw and Gunn I think were the authors.

Presbyterians

Pastor G